Funny clang behaviour

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Feb 18 15:04:54 UTC 2020

Vincent Lefevre <vincent at vinc17.net> writes:

>> Is there a way to tell automake to omit it in DEFAULT_INCLUDES?
>
> nostdinc?
>
> 8.7 Variables used when building a program
>
> [...]
>      Automake already provides some ‘-I’ options automatically, in a
>      separate variable that is also passed to every compilation that
>      invokes the C preprocessor.  In particular it generates ‘-I.’,
>      ‘-I$(srcdir)’, and a ‘-I’ pointing to the directory holding
>      ‘config.h’ (if you’ve used ‘AC_CONFIG_HEADERS’).  You can disable
>      the default ‘-I’ options using the ‘nostdinc’ option.
> [...]

Seems worth exploring. And then add actually needed -I flags explicitly
in each Makefile.am.

I agree that it would help a bit if something like -iquote was
universally supported. And it's unhelpful that C++ standard headers
don't use the .h suffix.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.