GCD project status?

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Sep 17 14:42:28 UTC 2019

I feel we've achieved much of the possible speedup for gcd now.

But what more can we do before we are completely done for now?
Let me try to list it:

* Add entry points for gcd_11 allowing even operand(s).
* Add entry points for gcd_22 allowing even operand(s)?
* Make generic/gcd_1.c call gcd_11 and get rid of */gcd_1.asm.

* Consider adding gcd_33, etc, and also the basecase code Marco and
  Torbjorn worked on.

* Speed up div1, presumably with a table-based approach.

* Copy the div1/div2 code to hgcd2_jacobi.c (or put it in its own file,
  or in gmp-impl.h).

* Tune HGCD_DIV2_METHOD?

* Update lots of gmp-mparam.h files with HGCD_DIV{1,2}_METHOD and
  GCD_DC_THRESHOLD (the latter has move a lot!)

* Make gcdext great again (as great as gcd).

Did I forget something?

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622