patch for speed

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Sep 10 13:07:18 UTC 2019

paul zimmermann <Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr> writes:

>> Adding a different symbol in the library for mpz_kronecker or
>> mpz_legendre, would be an incompatible change to the interface. Not likely
>> in the near future.
>
> ok, then what about the original subject (adding mpz_legendre to speed)?

Wouldn't that patch call mpz_legendre (a, p) with p not prime? Which is
invalid, but kind-of works *because* mpz_legendre is an alias for
mpz_jacobi.

So benchmarking mpz_legendre in this way doesn't make much sense to me.
What utility do you see?

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.