hgcd1/2

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Sep 4 19:53:12 UTC 2019

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> nisse at lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:
>
>   Pushed now. Plan is to next add a tuned HGCD2_METHOD, initially
>   controlling which div1 to use. Torbjörn, can you add that to the
>   thresholds web page once it's ready?
>
> I went ahead and added it.  When data comes in, the subpage will become
> more interesting.

Excellent. I just pushed tuning support, with HGCD2_METHOD == 1 using
plain division for div1, and HGCD2_METHOD == 2 (default) using the old
method with the div1 function.

If we don't conclude quickly that div1 should just be deleted, next step
is to expand to 4 methods to select between all combinations of new/old
div1 and new/old div2.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.