Small limb-size in mini-gmp?

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Tue Nov 19 15:46:56 UTC 2019

Ciao,

Il Mar, 19 Novembre 2019 9:50 am, Torbjörn Granlund ha scritto:
> "Marco Bodrato" <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> writes:
>   Il Lun, 18 Novembre 2019 1:06 pm, Torbjörn Granlund ha scritto:
>   > tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:
>
>   > The build on maticrunch under the 32-bit ABI using "unsigned short"
>   > for mp_limb_t failed.

I added another shortcut for the mpn_invert_3by2 function:

https://gmplib.org/repo/gmp/rev/500a0b8a9ff1

Now the ABI=32 -asl16 issue should be healed.

The generic code (for mpn_invert_3by2) works only when "unsigned" is half
the size of "mp_limb_t" or has the same size... this means that large
types for mp_limb_t are not supported (e.g. no uint128_t). Smaller types
should be handled by some of the shortcuts.

Is the ABI=64 -asl32 case tested? It should work, and it should not even
be too slow.

Ĝis,