Small limb-size in mini-gmp?

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sun Nov 17 09:00:23 UTC 2019

Ciao,

Il Dom, 17 Novembre 2019 1:43 am, Vincent Lefevre ha scritto:
> It should work by conditionally including <stdint.h>.
>
> Alternatively, you can predefine some types, e.g.:
>
> typedef unsigned char gmp_uchar_t;

I think that mini-gmp should not contain too many types, symbols,
definitions, includes that are not used by the header of the main library.

The priority now is to actively and widely test a feature: support for
different (smaller) sizes of limbs in mini-gmp.

That's why: https://gmplib.org/repo/gmp/rev/8e6f40b1f0a9

Someone needs to test with different types? Well, no problem.
mini-gmp.[ch] are just two files, and the header is not difficult to read
and adapt... is it?

Ĝis,

http://bodrato.it/papers/