Documentation patch for mpz_millerrabin

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jun 16 08:19:04 UTC 2019

Seth Troisi <braintwo at gmail.com> writes:

> I believe this and the jacobi documentation are more accurate than what's
> currently committed.
> Jacobi patch https://github.com/sethtroisi/libgmp/pull/5

How do I get a complete patch file from github? I'm looking at the
htmlized patch at https://github.com/sethtroisi/libgmp/pull/5/files but
I have difficulty spotting a "download raw patch" link.

BTW, how are you doing the git-mirroring of the GMP Mercurial repo?

: but the core
: algorithm is the same if we use @ref{Binary GCD}, @ref{Lehmer's Algorithm},
: or @ref{Subquadratic GCD, HGCD}.

I believe the binary algorithm, with its division by powers of two, is
bit quite the same. For jacobi, the binary algorithm is used for
operands of one or two limbs, and with different update rules than the
left-to-right jacobi. So I would suggest striking it from this list.

Regarsd,

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.