mini-gmp errors on SYSTYPE: powerpc750-unknown-linux-gnu

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Dec 18 22:09:47 UTC 2019

  > Now the emulated systems on servile/qemuusr (the 3950X system's qemu
  > user level emulator system) have all pre-compiled qemu under
  > /usr/bin/qemu/.  It seems that this bug was introduced with qemu 3.1
  > and
  > fixed in qemu 4.2.  (The default qemu used is 4.1.1.)

  Great! Thank you very much for the analysis!

"Analysis" is a too kind word.  :-)

I merely ran a handful of qemu versions to see which ones had this bug.
(I now see that this is not the first time I ran into this bug:
https://gmplib.org/~tege/qemu.html#ppc64-debian)

  No changes are needed for the test, then...

No workaround needed.

And Apple were kind enough to fix the miscompile in their compiler, after
first having blamed GMP for their bug.

We can move on.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622