General mpn_gcd_basecase

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sat Aug 31 15:10:35 UTC 2019

Ciao,

Il Sab, 31 Agosto 2019 4:50 pm, Niels Möller ha scritto:
> "Marco Bodrato" <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> writes:
>
>> Sounds more interesting than binary euclid, to me. Because looking at
>> the lowest bits and just detecting the bit size seems easier than
>> extracting the highest bits each loop.
>
> But it doesn't matter that much in which end bits are eliminated. Assume

I agree. The progress is the same.

I'm just saying that for the table proposed by Torbjörn, we just need to
apply a mask to vp[0] and up[0], and count the bits on the other side

For an Euclid's step, we need to normalise the upper limb, usually using
also the second one, possibly the third if the first one is empty...

Ĝis,

http://bodrato.it/