gcd_11 asm

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Fri Aug 23 13:03:33 UTC 2019

Ciao,

Il Ven, 23 Agosto 2019 7:37 am, Niels Möller ha scritto:
> I've had a look at the latest gcd_11 asm, and it's really neat,
> including naturally getting %rdx zero on return.

One question about PIC/PLT and the gcd_22 to gcd_11 tail-call.

Is it safe to tail-call (jump to, in asm) another function that may not
have the same return type?

I mean, is it possible, for a program dynamically-linked to the library,
to force the usage of another gcd_11 function returning its result in %rax
as expected but not taking care of %rdx?
I mean: such a gcd_11 function would be completely valid...

Can the tail-call be forced as internal to the library? Or maybe it is so,
by default...

Ĝis,