Small operands gcd improvements

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Thu Aug 8 19:35:03 UTC 2019

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> Why did you add HAVE_NATIVE_ around the C mpn_gcd_11 function?
>
>   #if !HAVE_NATIVE_mpn_gcd_11
>   mp_limb_t
>   mpn_gcd_11 (mp_limb_t u, mp_limb_t v)

To not get multiple definitions in the case that there's some gcd_1.asm
with an mpn_gcd_11 entry point, but no gcd_11.asm. If we don't organize
asm code that way, the #if is useless and can be removed.

> I would assume configure does its magic for this file just as with any
> other file, i.e., exclude it when there is a definition earlier in the
> mpn path.

But the definitions of HAVE_NATIVE_* aren't determined just by the names
of selected files, but on the EPILOGUE lines therein. If I've understood
it correctly.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.