New code for primality testing

Pedro Gimeno gmpdevel at formauri.es
Thu Nov 22 14:43:05 UTC 2018

Torbjörn Granlund wrote, On 2018-11-22 09:17:
> Getting anywhere near 2^64 will still be too hard for our resources.
> Assuming we can do 10^7 primes per second on the fastest GMP computer,
> it's still a task which would take some 1500 years.

Did you mean pseudoprimes?

All primes are guaranteed to pass the test. The question is whether there's a pseudoprime that passes the test. Using the same database of pseudoprimes, two independent people have confirmed the 2^64 upper bound. Since that database was the same, it doesn't count as an independent confirmation.

http://www.trnicely.net/misc/bpsw.html