New code for primality testing

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Thu Nov 22 12:30:26 UTC 2018

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> (We might want deterministic prime testing function, but I tend to
> think

Several messages have mentioned deterministic prime test. I take it you
mean a "primality test" in the sense that if it returns true, and is bug
free, then the input is certainly a prime? And not restricted to
deterministic algorithms not needing any coin flips?

> I don't think we'd achieve much by using a deterministic algorithm
> which relies on an unproven theorem.

Would be fine with an algorithm that is unconditionally correct, but
with a better bounds for the running time assuming unproven conjectures.

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.