mini-gmp mpz_{get,set}_d not fully compatible with GMP

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Tue Mar 6 21:08:51 UTC 2018

On Tue, 6 Mar 2018, Marco Bodrato wrote:

> Which solutions do you suggest? I see 3 possible ways:
> - removing the non "fully compatible" functions;
> - adding them to the "with a few exceptions:" section;
> - correct the behaviour of the functions...

As discussed for instance last October, the generic, non-IEEE version of
mpn_get_d has a similar issue. Maybe they could both be fixed at the same
time with the same code?

Obviously this assumes that someone can find time to do it... Otherwise, I
guess that option 2 could do, until a volunteer appears.

--
Marc Glisse