mini-gmp

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Fri Dec 21 00:43:12 UTC 2018

Il Gio, 20 Dicembre 2018 2:56 pm, Vincent Lefevre ha scritto:
> On 2018-12-16 02:22:27 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

>> This was a suggestion by Paul:

>> How to use mini-gmp with reduced limb size
>>
>> Following the idea of Micro-GMP [1], the GMP developers have adapted
>> mini-gmp so that it can be used with a reduced limb size.

> However, this is not supported by mini-gmp.c, which still expects
> an unsigned long:

We know, we never claimed that mini-gmp was supporting different limb sizes.
The suggestion was "by Paul" :-)

By the way, I pushed a possible adaptation of mini-gmp.

I underline that the GMP project is not supporting "mini-gmp with reduced
limb size" (yet), because that code does not have and did not pass enough
tests.
Moreover, the code will probably be changed (simplified) along the lines
proposed by Niels Möller.

Ĝis,