mpn_sqrtrem{1,2}

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Sat Mar 25 21:01:28 UTC 2017

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017, Torbjörn Granlund wrote:

> The sqrtss and sqrtds are SIMD operations, right?  That means that if we
> don't initialise all input fields with something, they might contain
> special values which triggers exceptional conditions.

I don't think so. sqrtsd computes sqrt of the lower half of the source and
stores it to the lower half of the destination, it doesn't touch the rest,
so exceptional condition because of the rest seems unlikely. On the other
hand, false dependencies are possible and can affect performance.

--
Marc Glisse