More mini-gmp asserts?

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jul 18 15:04:17 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm considering adding no-overlap asserts to mini-gmp's mpn_mul
function. Any reason not to? If we do it by copying the MPN_OVERLAP_P
macro, we should add a GMP_-prefix for namespace reasons.

Background is a nettle bug accidentally attempting in-place mpn_mul. And
testing for that type of bug by building with mini-gmp is slightly
simpler than installing a gmp library built with --enable-assert for
testing. (Even though I should probably do both).

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.