Using MPZ_ROINIT_N in mpz sources

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sun Nov 27 11:39:07 UTC 2016

  "Marco Bodrato" <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> writes:

  > I do not remember if we require C99 to compile the library...
  >
  > Can we use MPZ_ROINIT_N inside our sources to improve readability? e.g.

  For what it's worth, IIRC the non-constant initializer used by
  MPZ_ROINIT_N has been supported by gcc more or less forever, at least
  since 2.3 from the mid 1990s. And it would make some sense to me to
  require c99 or gcc.

Requiring c99 and at least c++03 makes sense to me for the head repo.
(Let's not move changes to the 6.1 repo which requires newer standards.)

Please keep our sources C++ compatible, asl.h which I hope to add soon
for better testing, requires it.

I don't see any point in requiring gcc.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622