Help stabilising mini-gmp

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Sat Nov 19 09:16:22 UTC 2016

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016, Niels Möller wrote:

> I don't think so. But I think the right way is to simply add $(CFLAGS)
> to the linker command line. That's the usual way to use it, right?

That's a common hack (that I am ok with), but I don't think I would call
it "the right way"...

> The first failure was also a bit interesting, an internal compiler error
> with gcc-6.
>
> In file included from gmp/mini-gmp/tests/testutils.c:24:0:
> gmp/mini-gmp/tests/../mini-gmp.c: In function 'mpz_set_d':
> gmp/mini-gmp/tests/../mini-gmp.c:1647:3: internal compiler error:
> Aborted
>   if (x != x || x == x * 0.5)
>   ^~
>
> https://gmplib.org/devel/tm/gmp/build/failure/sky.gmplib.org-dyn-fat-fake:64.txt

Strange that it only shows up there, the command line does not have
anything specific to skylake (no -march or -mtune). I can't reproduce on
another machine.

(btw, some compilers warn about the trailing comma in enum hex_random_op)

--
Marc Glisse