Help stabilising mini-gmp

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Nov 15 18:32:53 UTC 2016

tg at gmplib.org (Torbjörn Granlund) writes:

> For those issues which result in a check/failure entry, I have marked
> them as "expected" (by means of ~gmp/gmp/expected_check_failures).  I
> did that to make sure these failures do not hide any problems with GMP
> itself.

I tried to mark the mini-gmp t-limbs section with <del>, but saving my
changes from emacs failed,

  Cannot write backup file; backing up in /home/nisse/%backup%~
  basic-save-buffer-2: Doing chmod: operation not permitted, /home/gmp/gmp/expected_check_failures

> If you check in a fix for any of these problems, please strike the
> entire item by using <del>...</del>.  Please also clean up the
> ~gmp/gmp/check/failure report files.

How, more precisely? Just delete the corresponding files? E.g,

  shell.gmplib.org-dyn-gcc49-g++49:64.txt
  shell.gmplib.org-dyn-gcc49-g++49:64.txt.gz

Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.