Move -DNO_ASM to config.h?

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sun Mar 20 11:02:18 UTC 2016

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

  One issue with changing it is MPFR: src/mpfr-longlong.h tests for
  NO_ASM, but there is no code to define it. As far as I understand,
  MPFR uses __GMP_CFLAGS by default, in which GMP may have included
  -DNO_ASM. If we move NO_ASM to config.h, that also affects them (not
  that it should necessarily stop us). We could also define NO_ASM both
  in CFLAGS and config.h. It looks like gcc and clang only warn when
  redefining a macro to something different, they don't warn for
  -DNO_ASM with #define NO_ASM 1, so it wouldn't be so bad.

In what way is it relevant to MPFR whether a GMP build included asm or
not?

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622