Add mpz_inp_str to mini-gmp

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Jul 6 15:46:30 UTC 2016

Austyn Krutsinger <akrutsinger at gmail.com> writes:

  Where does it make the most sense to check an input string coming from a
  file stream? I think we just read in the stream into a buffer skipping
  spaces and tabs then stop reading the string on the End Of File (for file
  streams) or a newline '\n' (for stdin). This way the only duplicate code is
  the isspace() check between mpz_set_str and mpz_inp_str.

I'm afraid I don't understand much of your message.

What do you mean with "check an input string".  Which checks?

The behaviour of our I/O functions should not behave differently for
stdin than for othwer streams.

Please read my text about (embedded) space in my last reply.