GMP autotools upgrade

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Sep 11 07:00:02 UTC 2015

"Marco Bodrato" <bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it> writes:

  Ciao,

  Il Dom, 6 Settembre 2015 10:29 pm, Torbjörn Granlund ha scritto:
  > This means that tests are run with the help of a script, test-driver,
  > which reports things differently.

  Does this mean that we will not be able to see the
  Seed GMP_CHECK_RANDOMIZE=....
  line on the log of failing tests in https://gmplib.org/devel/tm-date.html ?

Apparently yes.

  We must find a work-around, otherwise catching subtle bugs will be _much_
  harder...

I noticed this too, but except confirming that the GMP_CHECK_RANDOMIZE
variable gets propagated to the tests, I haven't done anything to find a
workaround.

Apparently, test-driver in collusion with the generated Makefile.in's
put the output in [test].log.  I guess we could paste their contents at
the end of the check report files.

  > It also allows for parallel test runs.

  We should reorder the tests then, eg. reuse in tests/mpz should start
  earlier.

Or create more slow tests.  :-)

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622