mini-gmp

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Mon Jun 15 09:17:16 UTC 2015

paul zimmermann <Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr> writes:

> as far as I remember, it worked at the end. See the doc/mini-gmp file in the
> MPFR svn repo (reproduced below). This was with GMP 6.0.0. I did not test it
> with more recent GMP snapshot. Maybe some changes in mini-gmp.c and mini-gmp.h
> are no longer necessary. Cf MPFR_USE_MINI_GMP for your last question.

Nice, thanks for the update.

I'd still recommend to have mini-gmp.[ch] bundled with mpfr and let the
configure flag --enable-mini-gmp set everything up to use it, but that's
your call, of course.

Should make it easier to reach the goal of being able to build gcc using
mini-gmp for its modest bignum needs.