Adding support for R6 of MIPS architecture

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Feb 3 09:57:05 UTC 2015

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

  Apparently not, the motivation for the patch is that multu has
  disappeared...

Then I see no other robust approach than making mpn/mipsnomultu_64 (or
somesuch).

Well, an analogous robust approach would be moving the dmultu code into
mpn/mips64/dmultu and put the r6 code into mpn/mips64/nodmultu.

(As a side note, I have been planning to move things around a bit,
creating mpn/x86/32 and mpn/x86/64 with the contents of mpn/x86 and
mpn/x86_64, respectively.  SImilarly for powerpc32 and powerpc64,
sparc32 and sparc64, etc.  Common code between 32-bit and 64-bit limbs
will live in the shared directory (mpn/x86, mpn/powerpc, mpn/sparc,
etc).  There is a good amount of such common code already, which is
shared in an ugly manner.)

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622