Counteracting LTO and "strange objects" (FP format detection). [patch]

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Mar 19 20:06:35 UTC 2014

Geoff Nixon <geoff.nixon at aol.com> writes:

> Something like this (before I go and retest)?

I think so (but I don't see the code creating conftest.c, or the code
using $gmp_compile, so I'm not sure how it really fits together).

> # If we fail due to no -S flag, create an empty file to grep through to keep it simple.
>
> $CC $CPPFLAGS $CFLAGS -S conftest.c -o conftest.s 2>/dev/null || touch conftest.s

Or:

   if $CC $CPPFLAGS $CFLAGS -S conftest.c -o conftest.s 2>/dev/null
     ... examine conftest.s ...
   fi
   rm -f conftest.s

And error messages from the compiler should probably be sent to
config.log rather than /dev/null. I don't remember off the top of my
head how to do that in autoconf, but I think one of the open file
descriptors is directed to the log file.