mpn_sec_add_1_itch

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sat Jul 5 15:03:33 UTC 2014

  Can we document that mpn_sec_add_1_itch(n) <= n? I see no reason any
  implementation would need more scartch space, and this makes it possibly
  to skip the function call to the itch function if one is willing to
  always pass n limbs of scratch. E.g., if one has a dead area around
  anyway.

This makes sense.

    cy = mpn_addmul_1 (rp, rp + 4, (mp_limb_t) 19 << 1);

We seem to have forgotten to document that that operand overlap is
permitted.  Perhas you could fix that too?  (mpn_mul_1 has it, copying
to addmul_1 and submul_1 would probably be sufficient.)

Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622