TODO for 5.2 v3
tg at gmplib.org
Thu Jan 2 23:46:20 UTC 2014
We're almost there. I've gotten back from Intel and AMD, they are
digging out the needed info for us.
I went ahead and made the change to mpz_invert (and its test code).
As soon as the assembly hacking is done, I'll start he tuneup runs.
They'll take a couple of days. Then tom, hannah, biko, pile will be
unavailable (and not run any virtualisation guests).
* Make some other sec functions from Niels' list public? We really want
to allow straightforward implementations of any common group used for
* Split up outer loops of mpn/x86_64/coreisbr/mul_basecase.asm.
* Split up outer loops of mpn/x86_64/coreihwl/mul_basecase.asm.
(well underway, ~20 h remaining)
* Make sure the test suite exercises all new sec code. (The coverage
status can be gleaned at https://gmplib.org/devel/lcov/.)
* Run tuneup with large limits for critical machines, update many
gmp-mparam.h files. (Waiting for asm checkin.)
(4 h + wait)
* Update config.guess and mpn/x86*/fat/fat.c with upcoming AMD and
Intel CPUs. (Waiting on input from AMD and Intel.)
More information about the gmp-devel