mini-gmp

bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sun Feb 23 10:44:51 UTC 2014

Ciao,

Il Mer, 15 Gennaio 2014 11:23 pm, Niels ha scritto:
> Zimmermann Paul <Paul.Zimmermann at inria.fr> writes:

>> Changes in mini-gmp.h: I had to add the following:
>>
>>> #define __GNU_MP_VERSION            5
>>> #define __GNU_MP_VERSION_MINOR      1
>>> #define __GNU_MP_VERSION_PATCHLEVEL 3

> One might argue that mini-gmp should advertise the same version as the
> gmp release mini-gmp.c was bundled with. But I doubt that's useful; I
> expect these constants to be used mainly for API compatibility things,
> and mini-gmp is only a subset, not fully compatible.

I partially agree with Niels, mini-gmp API is not fully compatible with
gmp's, but, on the other side, we should give some way to detect
mini-gmp's version...

Paul pointed us to a file in the development tree of MPFR, with a
compatibility-wrapper for mini-gmp. Will it work with the next release?
It bases its detection of functions to be implemented on lines like
#ifndef mpn_scan1
but in mini-gmp we do not #define the name of the function (as we do in
GMP). A defined __GNU_MINIGMP_VERSION might give an easy way to
conditionally define a block of missing functions...

--
http://bodrato.it/