mpn_sec_powm

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed Feb 12 07:42:03 UTC 2014

  > Please use something else than ebits, since that sounds like the
  > arguments contains bits with individual meaning.  IIRC "enb" would
  > follow conventions used elsewhere in the manual.

  Naming is hard ;-) The docs for mpn_sec_invert use nbcnt (I guess that's
  your choice). Docs for mpf_urandomb use nbits. Other mp_bitcnt_t
  arguments in the manual give little guidance, names like n, op,
  starting_bit, bit_index, prec, bit, m2exp.

  So "enb" here is as good as any.

Some variance is surely motivated depending on semantics, but I'mafrad
that there is a lot of variance which is not motivated.  An analysis of
variable names used in the manual, following by a naming cleanup, that
would be good.

Torbjörn
Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622