automake -a

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Mon Sep 23 15:57:38 CEST 2013

On 2013-09-23 15:37:20 +0200, Marc Glisse wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Niels Möller wrote:
> >E.g., I think the COPYING file should stay in the repo, even if automake
> >-a currently installs an identical file.
>
> Ah, I hadn't noticed COPYING, precisely because the file is identical ;-)
> Ok with keeping it if you want to...

I think that you must keep it: you choose the license, not the
autotools developers.

> I did an automake -a -c -f, followed by hg status to see what had changed,
> and pruned that list a bit.

How about doing something like the autogen.sh script proposed by
Daniel Richard G. for MPFR:

#!/bin/sh

# "autoreconf -f" will clobber our INSTALL file with a generic one if we
# don't move it out of the way

mv -f INSTALL INSTALL.$$.tmp

autoreconf -v -f -i -W all

rm -f INSTALL