Public mpn_add_nc

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sun Mar 3 21:03:16 CET 2013

  As I understand it, that plan would imply that for assembly files
  currently providing both _n and _nc, the _n entry point gets obsolete

That was not the idea, at least not for internal calls.  It sometimes
have a cycle or two overhead.

  It does make sense to me to have the _nc functions as the only assembly
  entry points.

Not to me, since I hunt every cycle...

  It would be nice to just fix all the missing entry points, but that's a
  dozen or two of files. The files providing add_n but not add_nc seem to
  be:

    alpha/ev6/nails/aors_n.asm
    m68k/aors_n.asm
    vax/add_n.asm
    cray/add_n.c
    power/add_n.asm
    a29k/add_n.s
    generic/add_n.c
    powerpc64/mode32/add_n.asm
    m88k/add_n.s
    m88k/mc88110/add_n.S
    sparc32/add_n.asm
    sparc32/v9/add_n.asm
    sh/add_n.asm
    i960/add_n.s
    mips32/add_n.asm
    pa32/add_n.asm
    pa32/hppa1_1/pa7100/add_n.asm
    pa32/hppa2_0/add_n.asm
    ns32k/add_n.s
    pyr/add_n.s
    z8000/add_n.s
    clipper/add_n.s

  I imagine not all these platforms are tested regularly...

I have been working on testing 'em all, but I need a few more emulators
first...