[RFC] Fix leading and trailing spaces.

Ondřej Bílka neleai at seznam.cz
Tue Jul 9 20:34:47 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 02:28:37PM +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> Ondřej Bílka <neleai at seznam.cz> writes:
>
>   Are leading ws all spaces or tabs followed by less than 8 spaces?
>
> That's probably what we usually do.
>
>   Are there some form-feeds and are they useful?
>
> I don't understand this question.

Its ^L character that sometimes appears in source. Its mostly legacy
stuff.

> I understand that some hackers find whitespace consistency to be very
> important.  I make some effort to keep it consistent, but try not to
> spend too much time on it...

I do this mostly to save time with automating these.

One can spend some time to setup hooks etc and be done with it or will
spend time to ensure patches are consistent and change them when
reviewer tells him that he needs to fix whitespace issues.