[patch] add x32 support

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 15 06:39:03 CET 2013

On Monday 14 January 2013 14:36:43 Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> At some point, we'd like to make the assembly code in GMP support x32.

how so ?  for the most part, existing x86_64 assembly should "just work" for
x32.  pointers tend to be where things get into trouble, but otherwise x32 is
simply x86_64 with different sizeof(long) & sizeof(void*).  64bit types work
just fine and with the same performance as in x86_64 -- no ugliness like 32bit
x86.

`make check` passes for me w/gmp in x32.  so at least something is working.
-mike