[patch] add x32 support

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Jan 10 22:44:18 CET 2013

On Thursday 10 January 2013 15:46:55 Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> I was mainly concerned about your statement that "the x32 ABI slipped
> through the cracks".  I cannot find any prior communications about this.

i was referring to the people who wrote the first patch which i've seen
rebased/semi-rewritten rather than the gmp peeps missing it.  i don't think it
has been submitted yet.

> How could I test this?

do you have an x86_64 processor and running linux-3.4+ ?  the fastest answer
is to enable x32 support in your kernel config (CONFIG_X86_X32) and then use a
Gentoo chroot:
	http://distfiles.gentoo.org/releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-stage3/

unpack that into a dir, chroot into it, then you'll have a multilib setup with
x32 as the default ABI.

if you have any troubles, feel free to ask and i'll see what's what.
-mike