Public mpz_ptr and mpz_srcptr

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Mon Feb 4 18:05:48 CET 2013

> I don't think it is self-evident that mpz_t is special.

That's exactly why array typedefs should be avoided in general. When
calling a function, it *looks* like you are passing a variable by value,
but in fact it will automatically be passed by reference. It's adding a
PASCAL feature (what was it called? VAR parameters?) to C.

I think you really have to understand the consequences of that design
choice, to be able to use GMP.