[PATCH] Add LEA64 macro for sparc64.

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Apr 16 20:53:13 CEST 2013

David Miller <davem at redhat.com> writes:

  Ok, since we ran into so many problems last time around, why don't we
  simply be less ambitious.  Perhaps trying to solve so many things all
  at once in such a delicate area was a huge mistake. :-)
PIC is really a mess, where many vendors' hackers seem to have very
limited understanding.

  To that end, let's start with just a LEA64 macro and convert
  mpn/sparc64 over to it.
Good, except that invert_limb got worse code for static.  I did some
tricks to avoid that, also cutting an insn from the shared code, tested,

  It uses rdpc, therefore it doesn't have to be mindful of PIC thunks
  nor having to cater to leaf functions in a special way.
  It also doesn't try to use gotdata relocations.
  I have my fingers crossed, hoping that this approach has much less
  fallout.  But, we'll see. :-)
Worked on the old solaris 10.

I had the sysadmins at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology, where
gmplib.org is hosted) to upgrade one solaris system using the patch you
pointed out.  I asked them to keep the outdated assembler for another
system.  The nightly builds will be made on both systems.

Unpatched solaris: swift.nada.kth.se
Patched solaris: my.nada.kth.se


More information about the gmp-devel mailing list