New T3/T4 code batch

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Apr 4 02:40:58 CEST 2013

David Miller <davem at davemloft.net> writes:

  > First mul_1, renamed again, now encoding the load scheduling.  Only the
  > 6c variant is new.  Please time it.  If it doesn't run at 3 c/l, then
  > there are 2 simple things to try, indicated in a comment.

  Looks exciting, I'll play around with this a little bit later.

I went ahead and pushed all completed T3/T4/T5 code, including a better
bdiv_dbm1 than what I've sent you.  It would be interesting to see
timing data for both the naive variant mailed, and the well-scheduled
checked in variant.

I made sure to test the pushed version of all code, with unit testing.
Since a few of the pushed routines lack test/devel/try.c support, their
unit testing will not be tight wrt spurious memory reads and writes.

Let me know, at some point, if `make check' still works...

I'll spend much less time on hacking sparc code now.