ARM neon pseudo op

Michael Mohr mohr at linuxcertified.com
Tue Apr 2 19:42:34 CEST 2013

If your eventual target is a "fat" binary, using "-mfpu=neon" in CFLAGS
is a bad idea (at least for Android).  It would be far better to
approach the problem as Niels did, using ".fpu neon" as required.  That
way, non-neon code can be selected at runtime if necessary for the
critical code paths.  Certain ARM phones will have ARMv5, others ARMv7,
and yet others ARMv7 with neon.  This information isn't available until
runtime for an APK distributed on the Android Market.

Mike