Possible new T3-T5 mul_1

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Apr 2 05:32:04 CEST 2013

For the most critical functions, i.e., mul_1, addmul_1, submul_1, mul_2,
and addmul_2, we should not stick to 2-way unrolling.

I played with a 4-way unrolled mul_1, but not using your multi-pointer
trick, meaning that we will spend two cycles instead of one cycle for
bookkeeping.

Our current is stated as running at 3.8 c/l.  If this new code runs
ideally, it will be 3 c/l.  We need to watch out for small count speed
too.  Surely, this code will add some overhead compared to the old code.

If you could please run something like

  tune/speed -p10000000 -s1-1000 -f1.1 -C mpn_mul_1.3

for both the old code and this code, that would be great!