mpz_combit

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Oct 30 11:20:24 CET 2012

  > I've tried rewriting mpz_combit. Two reasons: 1. To reduce overhead int
  > he common case. 2. I just realized that the common case, for both
  > positive and negative numbers, is to complement the corresponding bit
  > of  the absolute value.

  Any comments on this code?

I thought we had discussed this.  The change is fine, optimising the
common case is a great thing in general.

Did you consider analogous changes for the sibling functions, clrbit and
setbit?

Do you want the suggested incompatible change listed on the incompatible
web page?