fft interface

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Oct 17 14:47:51 CEST 2012

Zimmermann Paul <Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr> writes:

> However we also use mpn_mul_fft when the input number is a Fermat number, and
> in that case we can't use mpn_mulmod_bnm1 instead. Is it planned to add
> mpn_mulmod_bnp1 to the public interface too?

I would make sense, but there is no plan I'm aware of. I think such a
function will be efficient iff the size is a good fit for FFT
multiplication.

The current mpn_mulmod_bnm1 needs an mpn_mulmod_bnp1, but it's not a
currently a separate function, but some logic inside mpn_mulmod_bnm1
which selects either mpn_mul_fft or mpn_bc_mulmod_bnp1, where the latter
does a regular mul_n and folds the result.