Race condition in parallel make install?

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Sun Oct 7 20:18:53 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-07 19:05:40 +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> And indeed plain make as well as make check works.  Parallel make does
> not work in the tune directory, which I don't regard as a problem.

If it doesn't work but fails, I think it is still annoying. If you
know that parallel make doesn't work for tune, you should disable
it with a

.NOTPARALLEL:

line in the Makefile of tune.

> And I've never heard of parallel make install.  If people actually use
> that, we should try to fix it.

FYI, I use that when running "make" manually for the only reason that
in my shell, "make" is a shell function that runs a parallel make,
whatever the arguments.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>