Undefined-behavior overflows in GMP?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Nov 20 09:12:34 CET 2012

Roberto Bagnara <bagnara at cs.unipr.it> writes:

  I have just finished reading "Understanding Integer Overflow in C/C++",
  by Will Dietz, Peng Li, John Regehr, and Vikram Adve
  (http://www.cs.utah.edu/~regehr/papers/overflow12.pdf).

  On page 9, it says:

    Finally, we reported nine undefined overflows
    in the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library, one in
    BIND, and one in OpenSSL. We received no response from
    the developers of these three packages.

  Talking about GMP alone, is this accurate and up to date?
  Would it be possible to see the reports that were sent?

Please ask the authors about how they reported these supposed issues.  I
cannot recall having seen any report on our lists, and searching through
the list archives now gave no match.