GMP aborting in __gmpn_cpuvec_init when run inside KVM

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu May 31 19:28:37 CEST 2012

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

  And I couldn't see anything about the KVM folks refusing to fix
  something there or anywhere else google led me to. Maybe this choice
  of CPU has a desirable effect on windows or something, but I haven't
  managed to find the right page yet...

  By the way, it seems that Marco already removed the aborts a few days ago.

Indeed he did, but he also inserted code for checking for 64-bit
capability.

I consider this as a reasonable workaround for incorrect behaviour in an
emulator.  We can afford to do this since cpuvec_init is not critical.