tune&fat: run-time vs. compile-time constant thresholds

bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Thu May 10 19:22:47 CEST 2012

Ciao,

Il Dom, 6 Maggio 2012 11:48 am, bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it ha scritto:
> Another possible change might be moving the initialized filed outside the
> __gmpn_cpuvec struct.

I'm trying.

Toom-2 and Toom-3 code for fat builds should be basically equivalent to
the code used by tuneup, now: the thresholds are global variables, and
threshold checking consist in a single comparison.
We may extend the mechanism to other toom thresholds now...

Current code assume that cpuvec was initialized before calling toom, i.e.
toom code must be called after checking at least a threshold. It should be
a reasonable assumption, but I still have to check if the tune/speed
program behaves correctly.

http://bodrato.it/