tune&fat: run-time vs. compile-time constant thresholds

bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sun May 6 07:20:16 CEST 2012

Ciao,

Il Ven, 27 Aprile 2012 12:47 pm, Torbjorn Granlund ha scritto:
> I am not sure exactly what behaviour change you are trying to achieve,
> but I assume it is good.  :-)

I pushed a few changes to the MAYBE_ mechanism of lower degree toom
functions, and to the ABOVE_THRESHOLD macro (only for GCC).

The effect of the change can be measured looking at Hydra's coverage report:

 - before the change we had a total of 43613 branches
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/2517272/download/1/coverage/

 - after it, we have 42003; we avoided 1610 branches, most of them in mpn
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/2524214/download/1/coverage/

Let's see if there are other undesired effects. E.g. tuneup should be
affected, but I hope it will benefit of this changes too.

http://bodrato.it/papers/