GMP 5.0.5 build fails with tcc due to x86_64 asm (unknown register...)

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Jun 20 21:54:56 CEST 2012

> Let's first decide if it is worth spending time on.  Just because
> somebody writes a "compiler" doesn't mean taat we need to feed GMP to
> it...

I think it makes sense to have --disable-assembly disable *all* use of
assembly source files.

For configure.in hacks, after a quick look I think what needs to be done
is to have --disable-assembly disable any setting of
HAVE_CALLING_CONVENTIONS (config.h value) and CALLING_CONVENTIONS_OBJS
(Makefile substitution value).

Are there any bad side effects of disabling these tests? I'm not sure
where and how they are called, and what the purpose is. The old way of
using something like --host=none did disable them, if I understood Marco
correctly.