long long

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Mon Jul 30 13:10:09 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-30 12:24:36 +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> I suspect few people would get any joy if we extended the range from 32
> bits to 64 bits under Windoze.  I think I never passed a constant
> argument >100 to any _ui functions.

I don't think Marc mentioned constants. While I don't see a real need
for long long, I think that accepting an mp_limb_t as an argument for
functions like mpz_mul_ui may be useful because it is the basic GMP
type and some functions return a mp_limb_t (in such a case, the use
would typically be for variables, not constants).

And if there weren't MPFR, a signed type big enough to represent an
mp_exp_t would have been useful too (just like it is in MPFR).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>