[MPFR] MPFR and mini-gmp

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Mon Jan 9 16:02:56 CET 2012

[ Adding the gmp-devel list. ]

> I'd like to deprecate mpz_getlimbn i favour of (a planned)
> mpz_getnth_ui, since I'd like to get rid of the limb abstraction of any
> public high level interfaces.

In nettle, I use mpz_getlimbn for conversion to base 256 (and that's why
I use it in the configure test). Maybe I could use mpz_export instead,
I'm not sure if that would be convenient. It was also on the list of GMP
functions used by guile, which is the main reason I include it in
mini-gmp. Not sure what it is used for there.

I think there would be some use for base 256 conversion on the mpz
level.